Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Release Day / Exposure by Christina Mobley


Excerpt
As a morning storm builds around Element Island, Ava’s dreams flash from one scene to another. She senses the Earth’s new births and knows that her connection is stronger than ever. The whispers of the Elements are now a constant comfort. She is the True Elementris.
The storm reached her window and rain began to splash against its panes. Jarred from sleep as lightning split the sky and thunder shook the earth, Ava sat up; her heart beating wildly as she struggled to orient herself. She’d been dreaming again, trapped in the same nightmare she’s always had; five years old again, small hands pressed against a window while she is screaming for her mother. The scream echoes and follows her into wakefulness, causing a lingering sadness that is difficult to get rid of.

Rising, she sees her reflection in the mirror. Looking at the image reflected there, she can see that there is very little left of that young girl now. Her eyes are lighter and her once chubby, little-girl-cheeks, are carved and firm. “Only a dream,” she reminded herself, as all that had passed since that day drifted through her mind. She turned away from the mirror and walked slowly towards the window; time to get rid of the sadness.

Ava opened the drapes and allowed herself to feel the storm that raged outside. The thunder was coming in waves; its roar matching the rhythm of her heart. The forbidding clouds and heavy rain sent chills dancing along her spine. She didn’t need this right now. She pressed her palms to the window, closed her eyes, and took a deep breath. A warm tingling began to make its way through her body, beginning in her feet then working its way up to tickle her hands. The storm began to fade. The sun banished the dark clouds and its warmth began to heat the glass beneath her palms. She watched as sunbeams spread out across the sandy beach and began to kiss the tips of the waves as it turned the water from gray to blue. She pulled her hands back, stared out the window for a moment and smiled; that was better.


Book back for book Exposure
(Release Date March 20th ~ first day of spring)
Get your copy today!
 Exposure (The Vangeretta Curse Series)

Hidden behind a continuous storm, in the heart of the Bermuda Triangle, there is a secret and powerful place. Element Island’s mysteries are as great as its beauty. Ava Vangeretta’s life changed forever after she arrived on the island; she became the True Elementris.

Now Ava is faced with a new challenge. The powerful gifts protected by those born of the element could be revealed. Temptation gives new life to an old curse, danger draws near, and the lines between friend and enemy are blurred as secrets are revealed. Ava will do whatever it takes to protect those she loves, but can she prevent exposure?
Exposure Review

Christina has done it again!  Pulled into a world of wonder and the most amazing characters, she entrapped me with this sequel to Elementris.  I could not put this book down!  Ever turn there was something that kept me reading on, wanting to know more, what happens next.  You just do not get it, I wanted to put the book down and go to sleep but could not do it!  Finally I fell asleep last night around 5AM with my kindle light still on!!!  Okay then tonight, yeah I had to finish it, there were so many unanswered questions that I had to find out if my theories were true or not!

Exposure opens up with Ava as the True Elementris stepping up into her role and doing all she can to keep the peace on the island and off in the world.  Using her amazing powers to keep balance with her elements.  I was introduced to a girl named Lyssa, which has been through a lot over the last seven months, with losing her father and trying to save a home she has known since she was born.  She became destructive in a school that finally took to punishing her for her acting out.  Stepmothers and their hair-brained ideas, thinks that showing the world what Lyssa can do will save their home and pay off the mortgage.  Little does Lyssa know what she is about to do is Expose everyone, hurting those she holds dear.

Ava with her awesomeness brings Lyssa to the island, trying to find out why Lyssa has tried to Expose them...  Working out a deal with Lyssa, Ava sends Thomas (breathtaking, southern accent, sexy, clutch guard) to protect Lyssa.  Does Lyssa keep her word and refrain from more Exposure?  Will her best friend Zack stand by her whatever decision she makes?  Lyssa has a choice, will it be her best friend or the clutch guard sent to protect her at all cost?

I had so many theories to so many questions, some of which I was on the right track, while others floored me.  One in particular completely baffled me, but looking back on it now I should have known.  I almost feel like I should have made the connection.  Here are just a few of my quirky updates via Goodreads.com
21.0%
"Oh wow, let's just show off some more Lyssa! Brea is totally cracking me up with her "Bite me" ~ I love that line! I don't know how Ava is going to handle the weight that has been put upon her. Must keep reading!"

27.0%
"I would love to catch Thomas with his pants down!!! hahaha"

34.0%
"Oh just great... Another ending to a chapter or section... this is no good... just before midnight.... oh the fun of Ava not catching names especially last names, duh..."

36.0%
"Come on Ava, can't you just think for a minute... Gee, even I caught the LAST NAME!!!"

40.0%
"Oh Crap that's not good! Blake... Ava, do something!"

46.0%
"Ok, I am loving Thomas... His style and accent... I hope Lyssa makes the right choice..."

60.0%
""What did you think I would do? Nothing? If that's what you thought, you don't know me from a hole in the ground." ~ Thomas ~ Love this guy! hehe"

66.0%
"Okay Lyssa, think, think fast you're about to have put yourself in a very bad position!"

75.0%
"Oh wow, I just got Chills! Like from Head to Toe! :D"

78.0%
"LYSSA!!! Oh come on don't say that! If this book had pages, I'd rip this one out and crumble it up! Thank goodness it's on a KINDLE!"

87.0%
"OH SNAP!!! THAT AIN'T RIGHT!!! FUDGE!!! Okay I'm finishing this sucker NOW!!!"

89.0%
"Ava, I don't know what to think of your slow thought process sometimes... But you've got me laughing!"
98.0%
"Brea.... I don't like the way this is going... No.... Not at all..."

99.0%
"Oh my!!! That is one hell of a way to end!!! Oh wow, oh my... Oh snap!!! Christina Mobley, you best get to writing Eruption!!!" 
If you want to view all 28 status updates you may do so by clicking here...  
The Vangeretta Curse Series has started out great!
Elementris was awesome & Exposure was just as amazing! 
To read my review of Elementris (Book 1) you may do so here: Elementris Review.

Elementris is only 0.99 on Kindle and Nook
Barnes and Noble Link 

Elementris ~ From Amazon
I can not WAIT till the next book. ” Stef | 7 reviewers made a similar statement

I literally read the entire book in less than three days. ” Summer | 6 reviewers made a similar statement

 
 Author Bio
Christina Mobley is a married, mother of four, who spends her days caring for her children. She grew up in Florida, living on the banks of the St.Mary's river, and as a child always had a fascination for storms and the power they wield. The Vangeretta Curse series was inspired by that fascination.

Links
FB link
Twitter
Goodreads




No comments:

Post a Comment

Recent Giveaways

ShareThis