Tuesday, April 24, 2018

Sinister Love Series: Dark Intentions Duet #2 Author: T.L. Smith

Sinister Love
Series: Dark Intentions Duet #2
Author: T.L. Smith
Genre: Romantic Suspense
Release Date: April 24, 2018
He was a drug I couldn’t kick. I’d overdosed on him before. It didn’t turn out well.
I was stupid enough to let him crack my heart, in hopes we would fall off the same cliff together. 
No matter how much my idiotic heart wanted to love him, my head knew better. 
He didn’t choose me. 
He chose her. 
That’s where the problem started. 
Maybe that’s how it should end.

HOSTED BY:

3.5 out of 5 Stars

Saskia and Ryken... maybe they were too young when they fell in love.  Maybe it was because Ryken's dad was such an evil man.  Or maybe it was because Ryken was called to take over the business before he had even finished high school.  Dysfunctional does not even begin to describe this "love" affair.

This is a dark romance placed in the lowest bottom of evil - human trafficking.  Although this is a good plotline, I was a little disappointed as to the lack of growth in the characters.  Suspension of disbelief is needed to accept at the end how easily the happily ever after comes about.  After so much tragedy and living in the underbelly of human traffickers, it just turned too rosy for me.

Nevertheless,  it is an interesting dark romance that does keep you somewhat on edge with all the cruelty these characters can dish out.

I am voluntarily reviewing this book.  I received a copy from the author.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Recent Giveaways

ShareThis