Monday, July 29, 2013

Teaser | Secret of the Shielded by Ann Snizek

 
Book Title: Secret of the Shielded
Author: Ann Snizek
Release Date: March 9, 2013
Genre: YA Fantasy, Sci-Fi
Length: Over 75,000 Words
Publisher: Snow Flower Enterprises


TEASER

Khevin's shoes scuffed softly on the ground as he moved. The fire snapped and the nighttime creatures sang to the night beyond the cave. Her sleeping friends made little to no sound as they slumbered and the horses made occasional sounds. Krissa enjoyed the quiet. It felt relaxing to be able to think without a lot of commotion around her. She smiled her thanks to Khevin as he silently handed her the medicated drink. Looking into the cup, Krissa sighed and swallowed it. Quickly, she focused on changing into the dragon's shape before she could fall asleep. It seemed easier that time.

"What time is it?" Krissa asked Khevin.

He looked at his watch. "It's 1:23, why?"

"Just curious," she said. Krissa discovered that the bandages didn't transform with her, but did mold to her new shape properly. It amazed her. Her clothes became her skin; though it never affected the color… she always turned a soft lavender color.

She also noticed that while she still hurt, she could move somewhat. Carefully, she made her way to the mouth of the cave and looked out. Though it was dark, she had no problem knowing where things were. Not that she could see them, but she could hear them. Perhaps it was some sort of echolocation… like bats.

AUTHOR BIO
I grew up in Vermont mostly and now live in Virginia with my family (those still at home). My husband and I have a blended family of seven kids. My childhood was spent moving around a lot. (non-military) About five years ago, we started home-schooling our youngest children. Now there are only two remaining in home-school. I have tried to nurture the love of books in our children and now our grandchildren -- always nurturing their imaginations. Recently, I have become active in our community with literacy, starting a local (and online) creative writing club and volunteer tutoring at the Adult Learning Center.

I struggle with Fibromyalgia and PTSD. So, have to be careful not to overdo things... I don't always listen to my own advice. I have a dry, sarcastic and corny sense of humor and always try to look at things optimistically. (again not always successful) However, I feel that if I don't give up -- for long -- then things will work out for the best eventually.

AUTHOR LINKS

BOOK LINKS
B&N

No comments:

Post a Comment

Recent Giveaways

ShareThis