Monday, July 22, 2013

Teaser | Secret of the Shielded by Ann Snizek

 
Book Title: Secret of the Shielded
Author: Ann Snizek
Release Date: March 9, 2013
Genre: YA Fantasy, Sci-Fi
Length: Over 75,000 Words
Publisher: Snow Flower Enterprises


TEASER

After about an hour of searching, they had circled around and found a cave within a short ride from the injury site. Krissa had spotted the shadows, and Nester cried out in relief. The original site they went to look at turned out to be worthless to them, so the cave was a welcome sight for them all. Daisy Mae put her nose to the ground and sniffed around the entrance before going in. Cautiously, she entered and the rest waited for her to return, or call for them. Another ten minutes later and Daisy Mae came out wagging her tail with her head up and tongue down.

They all dismounted and approached the cave mouth. Sealey pulled out his flashlight and pointed it in.

"Not as fancy as our last lodging, but beats a tent." He walked in farther and examined the cave as it opened up and led to three other rooms. "It has enough space to bring the horses in. On top of that, the spring in the back is thermally heated. So, we will get to clean up a bit."

"There's a stream just about twenty feet down the slope outside also. Plenty of cool water for Rania," Nester said. "And plenty of dry timber for a fire."

"We better collect that quickly," Lonnie added. "It feels like it's going to rain tonight. I can make a couple litters, one for Pin and one that should be able to carry Rania, if she can't walk by the time we get back."

"I'll help you," Nester told Lonnie.

AUTHOR BIO
I grew up in Vermont mostly and now live in Virginia with my family (those still at home). My husband and I have a blended family of seven kids. My childhood was spent moving around a lot. (non-military) About five years ago, we started home-schooling our youngest children. Now there are only two remaining in home-school. I have tried to nurture the love of books in our children and now our grandchildren -- always nurturing their imaginations. Recently, I have become active in our community with literacy, starting a local (and online) creative writing club and volunteer tutoring at the Adult Learning Center.

I struggle with Fibromyalgia and PTSD. So, have to be careful not to overdo things... I don't always listen to my own advice. I have a dry, sarcastic and corny sense of humor and always try to look at things optimistically. (again not always successful) However, I feel that if I don't give up -- for long -- then things will work out for the best eventually.

AUTHOR LINKS

BOOK LINKS
B&N

No comments:

Post a Comment

Recent Giveaways

ShareThis