Monday, July 15, 2013

Teaser | Secret of the Shielded by Ann Snizek

 
Book Title: Secret of the Shielded
Author: Ann Snizek
Release Date: March 9, 2013
Genre: YA Fantasy, Sci-Fi
Length: Over 75,000 Words
Publisher: Snow Flower Enterprises



TEASER



"I'm sorry, it slipped my mind earlier," Krissa began talking to Phex silently, "but I was wondering…What are 'flurm' and 'hmar'? I didn't understand those words."

Phex laughed a little jingling laugh, and Krissa couldn't help smiling. "Reza is a hmar. If you were a Tunuftolate, you would be also. I believe you would say adolescent.

It doesn't fall in the same number of years as yours does," he explained. "Reza is sixteen years old. She just became a hmar last year. Before that, she was a flurm. From birth until reaching hmar, our young are flurm. I thought you had known Reza since you were a flurm yourself." He sounded slightly confused.

"I have lost many memories," she told him sadly.

"Do not fear, Chosen One," he reassured her. "You are a Rue. It will come back to you in time. Please tell your friends to remain as quiet as possible for some time, once we enter the next chamber… our flurm are very shy to begin with, and most of us hmukt, mature ones, have never seen humans before."

AUTHOR BIO
I grew up in Vermont mostly and now live in Virginia with my family (those still at home). My husband and I have a blended family of seven kids. My childhood was spent moving around a lot. (non-military) About five years ago, we started home-schooling our youngest children. Now there are only two remaining in home-school. I have tried to nurture the love of books in our children and now our grandchildren -- always nurturing their imaginations. Recently, I have become active in our community with literacy, starting a local (and online) creative writing club and volunteer tutoring at the Adult Learning Center.

I struggle with Fibromyalgia and PTSD. So, have to be careful not to overdo things... I don't always listen to my own advice. I have a dry, sarcastic and corny sense of humor and always try to look at things optimistically. (again not always successful) However, I feel that if I don't give up -- for long -- then things will work out for the best eventually.

AUTHOR LINKS

BOOK LINKS
B&N

No comments:

Post a Comment

Recent Giveaways

ShareThis