Friday, January 4, 2013

Hell's Gate by Benjamin Daniels

 Benjamin Daniels
Well I was asked to write this guest post and reluctantly I must say I didn’t refuse but you know probably should have just to piss her off. So I was instructed to be myself, naked and scratching something probably isn’t going to work here so we focus on something else. I was also told that I wasn’t allowed to go into my past. Well she didn’t take into consideration while I write my stories that everything is about my personal self. It is almost impossible to write a guest post, talk about my book and not have one thing about my past come up. Now I will tell you that yes my past bothers me a lot but there is no way around not talking about it and she should have known this, but I digress. I will try the best I can to give you a guest blog about my book, writing style and how I operate without telling anything about my past. Shall we try?

Well we start off… well no I can’t say the town because I grew up here. Ok I’ll go on to characters. Well the main character… shit I can’t do that either since he has a striking resemblance and thought pattern that all holds on to my past in some way. Oh, oh, oh I know there is this fallen Angel… yeah that isn’t happening either since she is modeled after a real life person who has since come and gone from my life. Ooo I know I could tell you about the part, no wait that tells part of the story that actually happened in my childhood. Ok so there is this bad guy, well a few of them… Ok now it’s just getting annoying . There is nothing about this book I can’t tell that doesn’t connect to my past in some form or another, so I guess she is just going to have to suck it and take it for what it is.

My book does revolve around me, my past and everyone in it I hold dearly to my heart. I loved writing it and continue to write the series. There are more books planned and if I ever stop procrastinating I may actually get to them. You will find my work extremely detailed and you will leave the book wanting more. If for no other reason than to live in my head.
Oh my goodness, when I ask for something I should know that I will get what I ask for especially when it comes to you, Ben!  Seriously naked and scratching something is not what I had in mind.  I appreciate the funny commentary though, because without a good laugh here and there life would just be boring.  So Ben, you have made my day joining me here, even though you had to pick on me, I will suck it cause I stole the post as you put it up in chat on Facebook without an edit to it.  It's all you baby!  So it was fun having you here and yes I'll rope you into coming back soon, especially after I wrestle Exsilium out of your hands and into mine.
Let's not forget Ben's royalties for those that purchase Hell's Gate go to the Miami Project to Cure Paralysis .  It's a good way to donate to a cause, you get something out of it and show your support. If nothing else share this blog post. 
Hell's Gate Blurb & Review
(The Seventh Seal Series)
 

Blurb
The gates of Hell are open. Angels and Demons fight for our mortality and dominance of earth. The rapture diminishes the human population and very few remain to defend what God gave us. It is up to the Angels to fight the war, the humans to survive and the druids to protect the earth.

Cole wants nothing more than to be left alone until the war is over and see who wins. He doesn't care for rules of any kind and wants least of all to choose a side. Fate however, has different plans for him. His only friend is being held hostage by a Demon with a plan to win the war and return the earth to what it once was. It is up to him to rescue her with the help of a fallen Angel who comes to his aid to ensure his survival.

The Druids are the only ones who can save his friend, but they have an agenda of their own. The demon is demented but has the best intentions with what she believes. Cole finds himself lusting after the fallen Angel and must choose between her and saving his friend. The problem is that he doesn't know who he can trust.

Armageddon is here and Hell on earth has just begun.

 
Review
The gates of Hell are open and Hell's Gate brings it all to life in a story told from Cole's point of view! A roller coaster ride to Hell and back is more like it though. I love to read books that are fast paced, though Hell's Gate doesn't start out that way, it picks up and you will not put it down till your done!

Cole goes through so very much for a friend he intends to save, with a fallen angel as his guide, Vera and him seek the Druids for their help. Only once they find the Druids they are sent on another wild chase to find Demetra. Cole being the man he is though, every internal thought is a debate on whether or not to do this or not do that. He's told to bring her in alive, to seek the justice of the Druids. Yeah right! Not Cole, he's not that kind of guy, tends to take things into his own hands and deal with everything himself.

This is a series I can see myself following to the end. The author's use of words allowed for reading and imagining the story as it played out. I kept wanting to know more, and laughed out loud at some parts. There are things about Cole that I wanted to know, but the answer just out of reach every time I thought well maybe, nah that couldn't be it. Then I'd come to another part and think maybe, nah that's not right. I was totally blown away with the answer I was seeking through the entire book! As a reader you will understand my meaning when it comes to a character that just has that affect on you and yet you can't grasp the inner character till the author decides to tell you!  


I am totally in love with Cole! So sad too because he has moments in the story where I want to strangle him. ::shakes head:: Reminds me of someone else I know all too well. I am anxiously waiting on the next book so that I can get on with the story and the amazing ending that left me wanting more! I do believe all authors want that ending, but not all actually achieve it. Some leave you hanging without anything to hold on to. Hell's Gate has an ending that you will not forget. I'm ready for Exsilium, are you?

Benjamin's Links

Hell's Gate Links


To be Released
November 4th 2013

2 comments:

  1. Great review!! Captured all my thoughts too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome review! Ben Daniels, I really enjoyed reading your guest post this morning. Thanks for the funny commentary and making me laugh. I am looking forward to reading Seventh Seal:Hell's Gate soon and The Seventh Seal:Exsilium when it comes out in the end of March.

    ReplyDelete

Recent Giveaways

ShareThis