Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Dying to Forget by Trish Marie Dawson



My Guest ~ Trish Marie Dawson

Hello followers of the wonderful Julia Hendrix! What a pleasure it is to take over the blog for a little post today. Thanks for having me Julia - I will do my best to make sure I put everything back where I found it before I leave. *Fidgets with office chair until the height and slant are just perfect* Okay, I'm ready.


If you haven't read my books yet (I'm a fledgling writer - just published my first book in June of this year, so you are forgiven if you have yet to read my work *wink, wink*) then let me introduce myself properly. My name is Trish and I'm an Author because my nine year old put me in my place last year and told me I should write a book since it was a life-long dream...since I'm always saying to my kids that dreams are attainable if you work for them. After that little reality check, I started my first book and the flood-gates just opened. They have yet to close, in fact, which is how The Station Series came to be.


After the death of my Aunt in July of 2011 from suicide, and a newly found knowledge of the difference between page breaks and page sections in Word, this summer 'Dying to Forget' was born. The story takes readers on a journey with Piper Willow - a girl lost by sadness and pain who finds a new meaning for living in the after-life place of the Station. She's given the chance to return to Earth at the sub-conscious of those who need an extra voice inside their head. The book has some heavy subject matter but the point of it is to leave readers wondering about our place in this world and that we are all connected in a delicate way. Just like real life. Without one of us, an entire family and a group of friends are left with a void in their hearts, and I do hope that 'Dying to Forget' helps fill that void up just a little. 


And if that doesn't work - I suggest chocolate, because chocolate fixes everything.

Hey Trish, at least you could have put the chair back to the rightful short person height after using it, hehe.  Just like my hubby leaving it so low, I have to change the setting when I snatch the computer back!  *Raises seat back up, there*  Much better. 
Ah yes, where was I now.  Oh yes!  Thank you so much for being my guest today!  I enjoyed having you here and cannot wait to see what you have to share with my followers next week!  As I am sure you will be fidgeting with my chair again, come on I'm only 5'1, you are not much taller!  Oh yes, followers and fellow readers must know that you will return next week with your quirky commentary and with more on Dying to Remember (Book 2 in The Station Series).  That leaves what...One Whole Week to buy and Read Dying to Forget!  hahaha  Okay...  I'll stop now, thanks again for being here Trish!

Blurb & Review of Dying to Forget
(The Station Series)


Blurb
Piper Willow dies the summer after her high school graduation but she doesn’t make it to Heaven or Hell…instead she finds herself in a spiritual terminal called the Station. She’s given only two choices: Return to Earth as the subconscious for a person in need of some outside assistance, or move on and spend an eternity lost in her own sorrow and pain.

Does Piper have what it takes to save a life - to be the nagging voice inside someone else’s head - or will she fail and end up lost and tormented in limbo...forever?

“Excuse me, Niles…I mean, Mr. Abbott. But, where are we?”

“I’ll explain everything to you dear, just as soon as we reach the Station.”

“What station? We aren’t in the hospital? Where’s my Dad?”

“No Piper, this isn’t the hospital, and your father is at home…he’s fine. Please, follow me.”
He turns away and continues on through the light. I hang my head, staring at my bare feet as we walk. Even though my cuts are gone, I keep rubbing my arm. It’s soothing. I almost bump into Niles when he stops abruptly.

“We’re here,” he says softly.

My Review 
I cannot express how much I enjoyed this story. An emotional roller coaster doesn't describe it nearly enough but it's the only way I know how to describe it in short. The characters are well written, the story easy to follow, images play out in my mind as I read this story. I love it when an author can write in a way that allows me to visualize the story playing out before me. The author did wonderfully and had me feeling emotions as the characters went through emotional situations.

The take on the afterlife and the not heaven or hell but the station. I loved the direction the author took with this story. She kept me turning the pages and wanting more. There is not doubt about it I will be recommending this to many. A unique take on many things, and I love unique when a good book is involved. Thanks so much for giving me the opportunity to review, I went ahead and purchased the Kindle copy regardless of the author sending me the book to review.

Moving right into Dying to Remember, I must have more, know more and continue in the character's journey...  You won't know what you have your hands on till you've opened this book and joined Piper, riding the emotional roller coaster along with her.

Trish's Author Links
Amazon

Book Links:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Recent Giveaways

ShareThis