Thursday, January 3, 2013

Breaking the Nexus by Lindsay Avalon


My Guest ~ Lindsay Avalon

There are several things about myself that seem to stand out to people so I'm going to reveal a few of my secrets because everyone is so awesome. Just don't tell anyone cause it's supposed to stay a secret, right?

I'll begin with a little fact about myself :) I'm short...really short. I'm talking so short I've gotten used to walking up to complete strangers in a grocery store with a huge grin on my face and saying "Excuse me, can you get something down for me? I'm super short." The alternative is to scale the displays (of course half the stuff I need to buy is on the tip top shelf just an inch of out my reach), but I'm afraid one of these days I'll start a massive domino effect with cascading shelves, people staring, and a gimongous mess. So, why does this matter? It's part of the reason I'm loud. If I weren't loud, people wouldn't notice me, they'd step on me, and I'd be squished like a little bug. You don't want me to be squished do you? Didn't think so. Hence, a partial reason for my insanity and hyperness. The other reason? I'm just insane and hyper :D

Ok now that we've got that out of the way, let's move on. I call everyone lovelies. I even have a little fan group called Lindsay Avalon's Lovelies (shameless plug, you should really join cause we're awesome). Why do I call everyone my lovelies? Good question. If I ever figure out why I started doing that I'll let you know ;) No, seriously...I have no idea how that started but hey, it's still awesome :)

Along the same lines as calling people "lovelies" are the two made up words I love to use...splendiferous and fantabulous. Every time I use these, my husband rolls his eyes. Why do I use them? Why not?! Don't you like fun?! I kid, I use them cause they're as weird and fun as I am :)

Now for the all important factoid about me...am I really as obsessed with rubber duckies as I seem? YES! If not more so. I saw a lighted duck sculpture thing for your lawn at Christmastime and my husband had to practically drag me out of the store. I see anything with a ducky on it, I desperately want it. My hubby is unfortunately now immune to most of my sad, ducky eyes and won't let me blow all of our money on ducks *sigh* I'm so deprived. How did the love affair with duckies start? A friend gave me an anime duck keychain when I was in seventh grade. Yep, it all started thanks to a teeny tiny keychain. In the hierarchy of awesomeness, duckies rank number 1 closely followed by penguins, puppies, dolphins, horses, and monkeys. Don't ask me to pick a second favorite because it changes all the time!  :)

So, now you know some of my secrets. Bwahahaha! Now I've drawn you one step further into my world of insanity!  :D
OMG Lindsay, I do the same thing in stores when it comes to getting something off the top of a shelf!  Although I have probably taken it one step further by actually climbing into the basket and getting it myself when there is no one tall enough around to get it for me!  Oh yes, total accidental falling hazard I know, but you do what you gotta do when you are short like we are right?  I love being part of the Lindsay Avalon's Lovelies on Facebook!  Awesome group of Lovelies!  Awaiting to hold my rubber ducky and will be showing it off once I get it too!  It was so nice to have you today and cannot wait to have you back when the next book in your Mythrian Realm Series is available to read and review!

Breaking the Nexus Blurb & Review
(Mythrian Realm)

Blurb
Throughout history, myths and legends of extraordinary creatures have been told and retold. Fantastic tales of demons and banshees, gryphons and dragons, and of course, magic. Stories that every child grows to learn are nothing more than fantasy…or are they?

Beyond the world you see lies a hidden realm, the Mythrian Realm, inhabited by all of the creatures you’ve been told are mere fiction. Only one thing lies between humans and the truth: the Nexus. A magical barrier erected millennia ago to separate the two realms, it has stood the test of time. Until now.

For Mythrian Sha Phoenix, magic is nothing new. But when she stumbles upon a portal on the verge of collapse, her fate will forever change. Pulled through the portal into the Human Realm, she lands in the middle of Detective Connor Flynn’s brutal murder scene. Soon it is obvious someone is using blood magic to try to bring down the Nexus. Together, Connor and Sha must work to unravel the secrets before the barrier falls and the realms collide.

The Nexus is breaking and all hell is about to unleash…literally.

*** Warning this book contains two graphic sex scenes featuring a sexy detective ***


Review
I fell for the characters from the beginning with their banter and quirky commentary. The mystery of wanting to know what's going to happen next made this story a quick read and page turner. Everyone wants to get their hands on a great story, laid out with vivid pictures and amazing characters.

I fell for Connor's personality and train of thought. Sha is a very sensual and interesting character. I loved the interest between the two characters as they grew fonder of each other throughout the story. I loved the thoughts that played out in their heads as they tried to deny it. The mystery of the story caught my attention from the beginning and the puzzle pieces came together beautifully.

The author captured my interest in so many ways, with all that is within the books pages I couldn't get enough! I want the next book right this minute! Can't wait... Thanks so much for such an amazing story and good read!

Lindsay's Links:
Website
Amazon
Facebook
Twitter
Goodreads

Breaking The Nexus Links:
Breaking the Nexus (Mythrian Realm)
Goodreads

3 comments:

  1. Hi Julia, I really enjoyed reading about Lindsay Avalon and knowing a little bit about her. Just like you and Lindsay I am short too. I have to get someone that is tall to help me no matter where I am at. I love dolphins and turtles just like Lindsay loves her duckies. They are my two favorites. I am really happy to be a part of Lindsay Avalon's Lovelies group too and yes we are all awesome. Your review on Lindsay's book Breaking the Nexus is great. I am reading it right now and I think it is an awesome book. I am looking forward to reading more of your blog page and your interviews with the authors. You are doing an AMAZING job!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Len you are so great! I can't wait to get more Author's up and showing them off is fun! Let me know when you finish BTN! I can't wait to know your thoughts on it too!

      Delete
  2. Wow I really loved reading this. It was very funny and I can just imagine Lindsay's husband dragging her out of a store!! I seem to get shorter every year. My thirteen year old is taller than me. Doesn't mean he can best me though LOL!!

    I've read the book and loved it. I really can't wait for the next one.

    ReplyDelete

Recent Giveaways

ShareThis